Vinegar is an essential substance for me, and over the years I have always made sure I never run empty. I use it very often on a daily base, and is the reason I am so keen on making my own fruit vinegar as much as I have the chance.
We know how good is as food preservative and taste enhancer for our dishes, but is just as good for sterilizing and cleaning purposes. Here are some great ways to solve house cleaning problems without polluting:
1. A soft cloth and pure vinegar are enough to polish the chrome of a car or motorcycle.
2. Vinegar can remove the smell of urine from fabric, clothing and carpets that have been in contact with your pets
3. To remove unpleasant odors and persistent grease from the dishes, just wash them by adding a tablespoon of vinegar to your usual detergent
4. To clean the microwave just boil a large cup filled halfway with water and the remaining half with vinegar, the condensation that forms on the walls helps dissolving food residues and neutralize odors.
5. To limit cooking odors, while preparing “fragrant” recipes, just put a saucepan full of pure vinegar on the stove, while the vinegar boils will absorbs unpleasant smells.
6. if you have a curtain in the shower, you can wash your shower curtain in the washing machine adding a glass of vinegar to the last rinse to eliminate odors and mold trace.
7. When drying after a storm, your leather shoes can develop some white stain. Rubbing a wet cloth squeezed in a solution of water and vinegar will bring your shoes clean as new.